Employment at ACI
Junior Level Python/.Net Developer
ACI would like to bring on a relatively new developer to become part of our long-term software development team, working on a wide variety of projects in our region as one of our custom software developers for small, medium and large enterprises.
This position requires strong Object Oriented experience with a solid understanding of major relational database concepts, i.e. tables, indexes and SQL queries. Current software languages we work with includes Java, Python, .Net (C#), ColdFusion, Jquery, and Angular. Automation Creations is involved in helping hundreds of clients with software challenges from mobile app development to factory automation, with both short and long-term engagements, so a strong foundation in Computer Science coupled with experience outside the classroom in a variety of operating systems, programming languages and databases is preferable.
- Work with customers to gather, clarify and define requirements for custom feature requests.
- Translate requirements into well written, well documented code implementing industry standards and best practices.
- Perform unit testing and participate in design and code-review process.
- Work in an agile/SCRUM software development approach.
- Work with technical contacts from other teams on integration projects.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance is required (similar to a security clearance, requiring citizenship, clean criminal record, no significant ongoing credit issues and solid references).
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- Work experience such as part-time or internships involving of Object Oriented software design, development and maintenance experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must enjoy a wide variety of projects and customers, building skills along the way.
- 1-3 years work experience on enterprise-level application development
- 1-3 years work experience in mobile application and/or web application development
- Experience in agile teamwork processes, project estimation and delivery
- Database experience with stored procedures, advanced queries and query optimization
Work Location: in our Blacksburg office near Va Tech. This is in the Blue Ridge Mountains, about 30 minutes south of Roanoke on I-81, 5 hours from DC. Very close to the Virginia Tech Hokies and Radford University in a college-town with 3 small localities but a tremendous amount of high-tech opportunities.
Hours: Full Time: 40 Hours per week, flexible schedule. We’re serious about our free time and rarely go over 40 hours in a week!
Compensation: Depends on experience. $38-$48K per year is normal for junior-level developers in an area where the cost of living is half that of Washington DC, plus a generous company paid health plan, 401K with 50% company matching on the first 6% of your salary, with immediate vesting, and company-paid high-speed Internet to your home. More advanced developers can expect a salary at/above $60K, plus the generous benefits package. Holidays & Vacation amount to 26 days/year, plus one extra day per year with the company.
Automation Creations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send Resumes To:
Automation Creations, Inc.
Attn: Henry Bass, President
2020 Kraft Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24060-6354
phone 540-552-7670, ext. 3111
ACI does not have any employment opportunities. Please check back soon.